Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day


Today was our first snow day of the year. Woohoo! Snow days come once in a blue moon around here so the kids were thrilled. I could barely get them to eat breakfast! They wanted to get out there and play in that 1/2 inch of snow. No, that's not a typo. We literally got a 1/2 inch!!! Granted, there was ice underneath and so the schools "had" to close because the buses can't drive up into the hills to pick up kids. I'll admit that the Idahoan in me laughed this morning when I looked out the window.

Nevertheless, the kids had a blast. Knowing snow is short lived here, we went to play in it right after breakfast. Afterwards we had hot cocoa and toast. Thanks Nana, Papa and Jenna for making our day so fun!

Before the ice melted Jenna and I pushed the kids on the inner tube. It was pretty fun! We had to do it on ice on the driveway and road though because there wasn't enough snow on the grass to let the tube move.


This was Sarah's first experience with snow. She didn't like it very much. She kept saying yucky. LOL

Andrew and Ellie loved rolling around in it.
I'll have to pull out pictures of our house in Idaho. I don't think Andrew remembers what it's like to play in deep snow. This winter we'll have to take the kids up to the mountains and go sledding. They would love it! (Well, Andrew and Ellie would, anyway!)

Happy Snow Day!



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

ANY amount of snow in the valley is/was fun. Your kiddos are getting so big.
I would love to keep 'catching up' with your family...
QueenNTraining (at) yahoo.com
Thanks...

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up in Spokane, it would have to snow 2 ft. to close school. I remember trudging to the busstop in a foot of snow. I laugh every time they close school here for a "dusting" of snow. The kids love it though!