As part of our nightly routine, the kids get a bedtime story. At times I'll admit I skimp on the quality of said story because I'm too tired to be creative. Other times, if the kids are cranky or otherwise not following directions then they lose the privilege of having a story. However, most of the time the bedtime stories are fun and I adore this time of night. The kids love helping make up the story.
Sarah, on the other hand, is stuck in a rut. She wants the same story every night and every afternoon before her nap. It goes like this: (The quotations are where Sarah interrupts with her own two bits. Otherwise it's me talking.)
Once upon a time there was a "Horse!" And the horse was "hungee." So he at an "apple" and a "carrot!" And then he took a nap. The end!
Sarah will then burst into a fit of giggles. I've tried changing the story up a little, thinking that maybe she's tired of that same one. But she insists! It's so cute! I suppose this follows under the rule that toddlers love repetition and consistency, eh?
It's been a while since we've had a relaxing morning. So today the girls and I hung out in our PJ's for a bit. It was fun! Ellie asked me to take a picture of her and the little girls:
Kim is crawling really well now. The kids are (usually) such good sports about letting her get into their stuff. Tonight was our movie night. Andrew was completely oblivious to Kim climbing all over his legs. Notice her tongue sticking out? She always does that, it's so cute! I'm not sure where the scratch on her nose came from.... Kim is starting to pull herself up to stand at things. So yes, the days of face plants and owies have begun.
Thanksgiving is literally right around the corner!!! Wow! I am hosting our preschool co-op next week and I'm so excited. I'll have to post info and pictures about our projects when I have more time. Have a great weekend everybody!



4 comments:
Yay!!! New pictures! I love looking at all of the pictures of your beautiful family :o) They're all getting so big--it surprised me somehow to see how grown-up Ellie looks next to her sisters! The "little girls"!!! So stinking cute! Sarah looks so sweet and spunky--and Ayden is totally into repetitive stories at bedtime too!! Right now it's The Hungry Caterpillar or Little People at the Farm...I could never see those two books again and be fine. Glad to see everyone is healthy and happy!!! Miss you!
So adorable, I can't believe how fast kids grow up. All you kids a so dang cute.
Your bedtime stories sound so fun! I love that you get quality family time with those. And your kids are all looking so grown-up and cute!
The pic of Kim crawling over Andrew's legs. I think he'll handle all those woman he lives with just fine!
Post a Comment