Love you all!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Going private
At last Dave has talked me into going private. I was dragging my feet because I wanted friends and family to be able to read my blog freely and keep up on what's happening in our lives. Then Dave had a good point. They can read our blog all they want-we just want to know who THEY are. So here I am, letting you know that as of Thanksgiving weekend we will be setting our blog to Private status. Please give me your email address so I can be sure to invite you to read our blog. I seriously adore your comments so please leave me a comment so I know who reads this thing and who to include.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
The only thing I don't like about private blogs is it doesn't tell you when that blog has been updated. Otherwise, it's probably a good thing that i have also been toying with. Not ready to make that switch quite yet though. Anway, count me in
a.westover@comcast.net
I want to continue to read. I am not good at commenting, but I love reading.
blstarkey@live.com
I hate being private because not as many people visit my blog, so then I am not as eager to update, so even fewer people stop by to read! Buuuut, it's safer, so it is what it is! Wade was especially insistant because of his career--paranoid! ;o) But I, of course, will still read!
jillmkoehler@yahoo.com
Love & miss you!
xoxo
adrienne.d.peterson@gmail.com
kknerr@yahoo.com
What I wish blogger would do would be to have a place that says "email me if you'd like to read my blog" after the "It looks like you haven't been invited to read this blog... contact the blog administrator..." Well what if you don't have their email address? I'm not particularly close to some of the people whose blogs I read--I just enjoy them. It's not as if I am going to find their # in the phone book and say, "uh can you add me to your blog?" Actually, I'm way too lazy for that and too embarrassed! I actually added the message to my profile that people can email me (because my profile shows up when I comment on someone else's blog), but the dumb part is that it shows up on my private blog too so I'll bet there are people who think I'm an idiot with this message at the top of my PRIVATE blog saying "If you'd like to read my blog, email me." That was really confusing, huh. Yes, please add me as a reader to your blog. I think you are making a very smart decision.
Don't forget us my blog e-mail is ryanandheatherinns@gmail.com
Also how did you set up your private blogs to see when they posted? I hate going into ever one to see if the updated or not.
Thanks girly.
We would love to still read your blog. I never got your email so you can read mine. bhthistle@yahoo.com
Going private is so tempting for us too, but we probably won't for a while. But just a thought--I have a friend who has a private blog, but she also has a blog that is not private that she posts notifications on so you can see when there is a new post. It's helpful! So if you are worried about people staying up-tod-date, it's an idea!
Anyway, I definitely want to read!
lanijo25 at gmail dot com
cheeriodarlin@yahoo.com
Me! Me! Don't forget me! jillbargabos@hotmail.com
sarahthy5@yahoo.com
Going private is hard to do, and I prefer open blogs so it updates me when a blog is updated... but it is just much safer this way!
Melissa,
My name is Mandi (Terrill) Terry. I was friends with Dave in High School. I enjoy reading your blog and would appreciate an invite to your blog once it goes private. My e-mail address is mandi_terry1@yahoo.com. I as well have considered going private. I have not updated my blog in a long time, but the other day I had an anonymous comment left on our family blog and it was a rather disturbing comment. I of course deleted it, but it really got me thinking about going private.
Hi there! Your "other Melissa" wants to stay in touch w/ y'all!
melissa@eternityphotography.com
I have been horrible at keeping up our blog but I keep comign to check out yours :) so... here is my email
steveandkristenryan@comcast.net
I'm off the week after Christmas... we should get together if you are in town.
Melissa I would love to still read your blog and keep up on your beautiful family.....littleeggfarm@yahoo.com
Post a Comment