Sunday, December 12, 2010

Say Rudolf!

It really is the most wonderful time of the year! I know I haven't been a very good blogger lately. December has been packed full of great things, yes, but it has been crazy busy. Ellie is 5! Holy cow, I can't believe it. She seemed to grow up over night and is now a little lady. Maybe her performance in the Nutcracker had something to do with that. Her dance class had their dancing debut at the Hult Center as the Cinnamon Candy. THEY WERE SOOOOO CUTE!!! It was the traditional story of the Nutcracker with a modern twist. I loved it!!!

Ellie wasn't even nervous for her performance on stage. (I would have been terrified, but I kept that opinion to myself) She looked so beautiful in her costume and makeup. She did an amazing job with her dance. I could tell she was eating up every minute of it. When they returned on stage for the final bows she was beaming!!! I can't believe my little girl is so grown up.

Taylor, Jordan and Ellie in the dressing room at the dress rehearsal. Taylor and Ellie were Cinnamon Candy and Jordan was a Cotton Candy.

After the Nutcracker performance on Friday night we decided to take Ellie out for an ice cream cone. I know, it was, like, 10pm but she deserved it! We wanted to reward her for all her hard work.

Last night we had our church Christmas party. It. Was. AMAZING! There were stars hanging from the ceiling, trees all over, so many white mini lights we didn't even need the normal ones, a winter wonderland for father Christmas and a beautiful stage for our What is Christmas program. Dave and I were on the activities committee, which was a blast! The food was soooo yummy. To say the least, the whole night was beautiful. It was the best put together ward Christmas party I've ever been to.
Say Rudolf! :o)

I was sad I didn't get a better picture of the kids with Santa. I didn't want to hold up the line, though, so this is it. Isn't the Winter wonderland GREAT???

Because we had my Relief society lesson, volunteer work at the school, Taekwondo and dance rehearsals, Ellie's birthday, the Nutcracker and the Ward Christmas party all within the last 7 days, we decided to move Ellie's friend birthday party to Tuesday. Tonight, however, we celebrated Ellie and Jenna's birthdays. Jenna turns 13 on wednesday! Holy cow! How'd that happen??? We got together with family at my mom's house and said Merry Christmas to Ben and his wife, Lily, who will be in Hawaii for Christmas (her parents live there). It was funny, when we sang happy birthday we had some of us sing we wish you a merry christmas at the same time. LOL. Yeah... don't worry. We won't quit our day jobs. It was fun though!

We got her Disney Sing it because she LOVES to sing. Mostly her own made up songs. She loved it and had to try it out right away.
Daddy, helping her with the words










1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm SO HAPPY to see a new entry! I check every day! So, I don't know which made me giggle more--Andrew hefting Kim in the picture, or Sarah's face! You're kids are adorable!