This year Andrew and Ellie took their rolls so seriously. It was so cute to see the
drama unfold in our living room.
Our 3 wise guys... LOL
Another favorite Christmas Eve tradition is to open one present before bed-a new pair of cozy PJ's.
Papa obliged and took our family photo.
Christmastime is always full of wonderful traditions- the 12 Days of Christmas, the kids' sibling name draw, caroling, etc. I hope your holiday season was filled with the light and love of the Savior. We are looking forward to an eventful new year. And, of course the Ducks playing in the Rose Bowl on Monday. ;o) Go-o DUCKS!
PS. A couple days ago I took Andrew, Ellie and Sarah to the new Chipmunks movie. First we weny to lunch then to Target to grab a treat before walking through the mall to the theatre. On the way there I explained that I needed to put the M&M's in my purse so the theatre workers wouldn't see them. Andrew got a worried look on his face and said "But Mom, we need to do the right thing even when no one is looking." My heart dropped into my shoes and I about bawled. I felt so bad for teaching my children it was ok to sneak snacks into the theatre. I've always done it. My parents did it with us growing up. I've just always rationalized that the theatre's snacks were just too expensive, so who cares? Well, aparantly my 7 year old does. I couldn't stop thinking about it. (The movie was great, by the way) So when we got home I told Dave about what happened and said I'm never going to do it again. I then apologized to Andrew and promised him I would try and do better. Kids say the most profound things sometimes, don't they?




3 comments:
Love your Christmas pics and traditions.
Isn't it hard sometimes to live with integrity? My dad always told me "You're either honest or you're not." I think I understand how you feel about your situation at the movies with Andrew. Sometimes we need to do the right thing even if the right thing isn't necessarily right (meaning they either shouldn't charge $3+ for candy or they should allow us to take our own in).
Way to go Andrew. What an awesome kid. And you are an amazing mom. Your kids are sure growing up fast!
Is there anything more humbling than being corrected by your kids? You and Dave must be doing a fantastic job as parents!!
Post a Comment