Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Highlights

I saw this idea on a couple of other blogs and thought it brilliant.  2011 was a wonderful year-busy, even chaotic at times but amazing nevertheless.  The idea was to choose 11 of the most memorable events of the year.  That's easier said than done, let me tell you!  So... you get more than 11 because I couldn't take anymore out.  LOL  They're in chronological order (ish).  Enjoy!

 In January we went sledding up near Hoodoo.  It was so much fun!  
I never thought I'd actually MISS the snow...

Andrew earned his Orange belt in Tae Kwon Do.  Shortly thereafter he stopped taking TKD
 because the teaching style of the instructor made it unbearably boring for him.  It really was too 
bad, though, because I loved watching it!  Oh well.  Maybe when he's older. 

 Kimmy turned 1!

 Ellie performed in her end of the year dance recital.

 We took the kids to Boise to meet up with some of their cousins, aunts and uncles. 
 It was so fun to see them!  This is a cool sway ride they had at the park.  
A man powered rocker... thingy.  Very cool!

 We stayed in Boise for a couple of days after everyone else left for some 
quality family time.  We had a lot of fun.  Here we're at the Boise Zoo.

 Our family got hooked on bike riding.  We can't wait to find some fun places
 to ride at, outside of the neighborhood.  We started close to home so the kids
could learn to stay with us and at the side of the road, etc. 

Dave and I celebrated our 10 YEAR anniversary!  Good grief, does time fly!  
We spent 1 night at the coast....

And 1 in Portland, where we went on a cruise on the Willamette River.

 And I got to drive the ship!!!  :o)

We built garden boxes and grew our very first garden!  We had tons of squash,
tomatoes, carrots and Swiss chard.  The corn, peppers broccoli and cauliflower we planted 
didn't grow at all.... We even grew a purple carrot....  strange, huh?  Not too shabby for our 
first time.  Hopefully next year will be even better.


We were officially dog owners for a whole 3 months!  Yeah... it didn't work out.  

 Ellie started Kindergarten!

I started sewing!  I had sewn a little bit here and there over the years but nothing 
of consequence. This year I found I really enjoyed it and I got caught-hook, line and sinker-
into the sewing/quilting world.  I still consider myself a beginner.  But I most definitely LOVE it! 
 I've made table runners, art books, a quilted grocery bag, a casserole dish carrier, 
and I even took a quilting class.  

 Dave and I went on a FANTASTIC and most MEMORABLE Murder Mystery date night.
It. Was. A. BLAST!!!  Everyone got into their parts, complete with costumes and attempted
 accents.  It was a night unlike any other. 

Auntie Jenna stayed with us for 6 weeks before joining our parents in
Guatemala!  We loved having her here.  It was fun getting to know her better. 
(Here she's dressed up for an 80's birthday party.

We performed our yearly Nativity play on Christmas Eve.  (Our favorite Christmas tradition to date)

Although I could have gone on and on about 2011, I think I summed it up pretty well.  I hope you all have a wonderful year, too.  Here's to an even better 2012!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You should really take the kids on the bike trails in Eugene. Also, have you tried Clearwater park? It's right off of jasper road, is paved, secluded and GORGEOUS! The trail is 2 miles each way and ends in a picnic spot. Of course, you have to drive your bikes over there but your dad has a truck right?

Jill said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up.