School has been in session now for 6 weeks. The kids have had a blast! Ellie LOVES kindergarten. She was so nervous about having a man teacher but she quickly fell head over heals for him. He reminds me so much of my own 4th grade teacher, Mr. Arnold. He brings his guitar to school and sings songs with the kids. He is soooo good with them! Andrew talks non stop about how he loves school because he plays spys at recess. lol, such a boy.
Thurston Elem. is an amazing school. When the children exhibit good character, they are rewarded by H.E.A.R.T. tickets. (Honor, Empathy, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork) Then, once a month there is an assembly where some of those children are given a special award for that attribute. It just so happened that this month, Andrew AND Ellie both got an award!
Andrew, shyly standing on stage receiving his Empathy award. After they get their award and pendant they go get their photo taken.
Ellie received Accoutability with these other kids. There portraits will be hung in the school all month.
I have always been so impressed with Thurston Elementary. They have such a positive, fun learning environment. It will be hard to leave when we someday go off to grad school. But, until then, Go Cheetahs! :o)
Dave and I were invited to a friends house for a dinner/murder mystery group date. The invitation assigned us each a character to dress up as. The setting was 1928 on a cruise ship when a mysterious murder takes place. Theresa found a How to Host a Murder kit at a garage sale one day, and vuala! :o) Instant fun.
Dave was Holton Von Piston, a successful racecar driver. And I, Cosette Frath, the emotionless wife of my murdered husband. We had a BLAST! Jenna took pictures of us before we left.
The neighbors got a good laugh at that.
Leslie and Blair
Chuck and Theresa (host/hostess)
Peter and Naomi
Gathered on our cruise (actually their garage transformed to a cruise ship by sheets, lights and decorations)
Donna did it!
Class #1: squares and rectangles
Class #2: half square triangles
Class #3: folded corners
Class #4: paper piecing (the heart on the bottom left)
Last night we learned to applique and we also made a really cute 3-D bow tie. I'll show you once I get this week's homework done so I can take a photo of all of them at once. I love it. It has been such a fun class. I highly recommend it. (Something to Crow About is the name of the store, it's on 42nd and Main St.)
Well, I took Jenna to the airport on Monday night. She has traveled safely to Guatemala! 13 years old and she has her first stamp in her passport. Sigh. Someday.... lol. I don't even HAVE a passport, lol. Only 12 more days till Halloween! The kids are getting so excited! What about you?



3 comments:
glad to hear that Jenna made it safely to South America! I bet you miss her!
Oh my goodness, your date looks so fun! You two looked awesome.
LOVE the pictures of you and Dave!!
Post a Comment