Saturday, March 14, 2009

A long night

To put it lightly, the last few days have been eventful. Dave is working this weekend and so I'm trying desperatly to hold down the fort. Starting Tuesday, Andrew has had a caugh. It's progressivly gotten worse, followed by a fever starting wednesday night. It's strange. One minute he seems fine; the next he's laying on the couch, absolutely miserable. His fever ranges from 100 to 103, his caugh sounds painful. Poor guy.

Last night Ellie woke up with a nightmare that kept her awake and terrified for about 2 hours. She insisted that there were bugs in her bed. In an effort to keep her from waking Sarah up I took her into my room. She said there were bugs there, too and was litterally climbing up me to get away from them. I tried and tried to reason with her to no avail. It took about an hour for me to get her to go back to her bed, and then another hour for her to actually stay there and go to sleep. I can't say I blame her, though. A nightmare about bugs in my bed would have me wide awake and terrified too!

Next, Andrew woke up, absolutely miserable. His fever was raging again, he was caughing so hard it made MY throat hurt and he was crying. I gave him another dose of Tynenol and then a cool bath after he caughed so hard he threw up in my bed. At last he and I were asleep. In my room. I was worried he'd throw up again, and I wanted to keep an eye on him.

Sarah woke up about 5 with a stuffy, nasty nose. She was pretty fussy so in an effort to keep her from waking Ellie back up I took her to my room.

Do you notice a pattern here???? My room has become a refuge for sick, scared, fussy kids. Is this a bad thing???? It's happening more and more often. Sometimes for no aparant reason. I think I need to fix this before it becomes a HUGE obsticle.

At any rate, we got through the night. Andrew and Ellie have watched Pinnocio (twice.... oops) because I have been exausted all day. I hope that tonight proves to be better.

Here are some pictures from earlier this week before everything hit the fan. Have a good weekend, everybody!

Dave and I found a SUPER CUTE play house at Costco. Needless to say, the kids lOVE it! There's a puppet show curtain on the left side, a couple of bins on the back for water and sand.

Andrew knocking on the door:

Ellie, handing me the hot dogs I ordered:

My big helpers. They love to "help" feed Sarah. I don't know who makes a bigger mess-her or them. LOL. It's fun, though.

Sarah has learned to sit up! Here she is, looking so proud.

Timber!!!

The camera has a little red light on it when I'm holding the button halfway down waiting for a cute picture. Sarah thinks that's pretty cool.

6 comments:

Lanette said...

Wow, really long night! I'm sorry--you must be exhausted! And cute pictures--the playhouse is really neat! And Sarah's sitting up already?!

Jill said...

Ouch, what a night! I feel your pain. I hope everyone gets better soon.

Heather Inns said...

I hope you had a better couple of nights. That sucks. Cute pictures though I love them.

Bridgette said...

That playhouse is so cute! Hope the sleep situation has improved, and I'm really glad that little Sarah's head is healthy. Keep posting!

Brandi Clark said...

Ok, so who doesn't go to their parents room when they are sick as a child? My kids do it to, there's nothing wrong with it. It just means you make them feel safe in there which is good. Also, kids can watch TV when mommy is tired or doesn't feel good. I don't think it will hurt them every now and then. Now, if they watched TV all day every day, then it could be a problem! I say, take a break and let them watch tv once in a while.
Hope everything gets better.

Heather Inns said...

Yea I remember PJ that is exciting he is getting married. My brother was actually roommates with him. Small world. When are you going to Idaho I have been trying to make it back at least once a month. I am going there the weekend of April 17-18 and also the weekend of May 5. I want to make a trip to come see you. I miss you soo much too. love ya