In celebration of New Year's, we decided to have a party at home, just the 5 of us. We had such a great time we thought we'd share it with you. First we splurged on our diet and ate a couple cookies with the kids.
We played. Here is Super Hero Andrew, flying to save the day!

We danced.

We made lots and lots of noise.

Sarah thought that was pretty cool.

We played several games.

And then we ended the evening with a nice warm bath, scriptures, prayer, stories, songs and sweet dreams. What more could anyone want? :o) We had a wonderful evening. Will Dave and I be staying up until Midnight to welcome in the new year? Oh, probably not. I'll be heading off to bed at 10:30 as usual. Have a happy new year, everybody! We love you all.
Oh, an update on our Biggest Loser competition. I am proud to say that I have lost 5 pounds and Dave has lost 8. We have been doing really well with exercising, eating smaller portions and not eating sweets except for Family Dinner on Sundays and for Family Home Evenings on Mondays. OK... and tonight.... Hey, it's a holiday! :o)
Have a Happy New Year!!!



5 comments:
Happy 2009! Sounds like you guys had an awesome night! And wow! Congrats on your diets--that is so great! You definitely deserved the cookies. :)
Congrats on your diet! Your kids are adorable. Sarah is growing up so fast, and Ellie's hair is really getting long! Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year. Congrats on your diet I hope you can keep up with it and beat dave. Hope you had a wonderful New Year. Everything is going pretty good our stuff is still not here. We are hoping of tomorrow. Luckily we have our cars. We are keep in touch for sure I love you and Miss you lots
Ahhh Sarah's getting so big! Glad you guys had a fun New Year's, and congratulations on the weight loss! You're going to have to be my motivation here, Liss--Wade, me, my mom, and possibly Kelli and my dad are going to start our own little version of the Biggest Loser diet (thanks to your idea!) this next Monday! We figured we'd get thru the holidays first since it's so tempting! You're doing so well, I'm impressed!!!
Oh, you're so sweet. Well Ryan's company is paying for the moving company so we can't complain too much. It would just be nice to have our own bed, more clothes, washer and dryer, and everything else.
Post a Comment