I am so glad he did.
In the wee hours of that morning Ellie started throwing up. She was so miserable and Dave, utterly exausted after about 36 hours of no sleep still made an effort to help me take care of her because I was still not feeling well. Then, around 8:30 or 9, Sarah got sick.
After an entire day of her not able to keep anything down but a few oz. of Pedialite, we ended up at Urgent Care at 10pm. She had diarhea and was so lethargic. I was so worried about my baby. She's only 8 weeks old! The doctors at urgent care asked us to go to the ER because they aren't equipped to take care of a dehydrated new born. So we did.
After a long, 2 hour wait in the ER she was finally seen. The doctor ordered an IV. She tolerated that well, other than the placing and removal of it (she SCREAMED), and so at 4 am they sent us home. Nana had slept on the couch so Dave and I could go. We are so blessed to have her. I LOVE MY MOM!!! Nana headed home once we relieved her and then at about 4:30 Sarah threw up again. Yesterday she was on strictly pedialite until we saw the doctor in the afternoon. That evening we started half strength formula. She threw up into the night.
Yesterday evening Andrew got sick too, and the poor little guy vomitted so many times I lost count. He hardly slept all night. Sarah and Ellie slept well, thank heavens.
This morning it's as though Andrew and Ellie were never sick. I am thrilled to say they are nearly back to normal. They're a little tired-they're not running around like they normally do, but hey, I'll take it! Sarah is doing better. She has kept a couple oz. of half strength formula down today (YAY!) Dave and I are doing well... exausted, but grateful that the kids seem to be on the mend. Thankfully Dave has not gotten sick. He's been such a trooper through all of this and I'm so greatful for him.
Feeling sooooo much better.
Andrew, trying to get Sarah to smile for the camera. "Sarah, smile baby! Hi, Sarah! Smile!"
I love her smile. She's got all 4 of us wrapped around her little finger.
We are so happy that everyone is getting better. Another day of relaxation and hopefully we'll all be back to normal.



8 comments:
Oh my goodness! That sounded awful. I remember when we had to take our Sarah in because she was so sick. I just remember the poky needles and her screaming and her lethargicness (is that a word?), etc. It is so mentally painful to a mom to have sick children. It is so difficult to see them hurting and miserable. I'm glad you're all on the mend.
Wow. What a crazy couple of days you had! The flu is awful, and I am happy you are all well. Sarah looks absolutely adorable in those pictures! Stay healthy!
What a crazy week of you. I am sorry I wish I would have been able to help. That is good your mom is there. I am so glad everyone is doing better. Very cute picture of Sarah I love them.
Just let me know what colors of bows you want and How many.
Hey Melissa I made some more bows so if you want to see them just let me know.
WOW! That is so scary! Thank goodness everyone's getting better. Sounds like a rough week.
Sarah is such a pretty baby--love the pictures.
Oh no!! Im sorry! That is so scary! Hopefully you are all feeling better! We're going through the flu here too!
What a horrible week! I'm glad you're all doing better though, and my goodness that little Sarah is getting cuter and cuter with each picture I see! need to come love on her! I keep saying this, and yet, I keep forgetting to call! Ugh I'm such a brainless mommy. How have I kept these two poor kids alive?
Post a Comment