Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome Home, Sarah Lynn!


At last our precious angel is here. Sarah Lynn was born on Friday September 19th at 8:23 am. She was 7 lb 4 oz and 19 3/4 in. She's healthy, beautiful, and is already training to be a singer-she's got a strong set of lungs!!! Labor and delivery went smoothly. I got to the hospital at 1:30am, my water broke at 8:10, I pushed for 2 minutes and she popped right out. I LOVE EPIDURALS!!!! :o)


Sarah and I both feel pretty good. We got home from the hospital this afternoon. I had been debating whether or not to stay more than just the one night but I was too bored and missing the kids too much to stay. It's so nice to be home!


The kids absolutely adore their new baby sister. They're very curious and anxious to help. Andrew's first reaction to Sarah was, "Wow! I like our baby, Mom. She's pretty cool."


Ellie is tickled pink about having a baby sister. She keeps saying, "Ohhh, she's so cute!" She loves to help hold the baby and feed her (we're bottle feeding) and give her the binkie, etc. She's a little mommy, it's so sweet!


On a side note, Dave and I are touched that Sarah was born on the 19th of September. Dave's Grandpa was born 9/19/1919, and passed away in June of this year. Had the baby been a boy we would have named him Logan Russell, Russell being Grandpa Wilding's middle name (as well as Dave's). We can just see Grandpa Great giving Sarah a great big hug before sending her on her way down to our family. She will forever share Grandpa Great's birthday and may she follow in his footsteps.

We love you, Sarah! Welcome to our family.

8 comments:

The Ryan's said...

Dave and Melissa she is so precious! Thank you for letting me come visit you this morning! Melissa- you look great! I can't wait to see you all again soon. Let me know when a good time to come visit would be...Maybe next Saturday? Anyway... it was so great to see you today and congratulations!

Lara said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. I'm glad everything went well and Melissa you look great.

Jill said...

Congratulations AGAIN!!! :) She's wonderful and perfect and I can't believe how LITTLE she is! Can't wait to see you all again!

Heather Inns said...

Congrats she looks a lot like the other two cute kids of your. I am so happy for you guys I wish I could see her in person. I miss you so much and wish you the best. She came early that is exciting for you. She is so Beautiful congrats. Love ya and miss you tones.

Kurt and Kristy said...

Wow!! I was a little shocked to see this post!! She looks great for being a few weeks early!! Congrats you guys!! She is so cute!! You'll have to give me advice on what it's like having 3!! :)

Jill said...

Congratulations, Melissa! I am happy Sarah has arrived and you are no longer pregnant! I knwo how rough the last couple weeks were for you! She looks great, she looks healthy, and she looks TINY. Enjoy her, we miss you!

Jill

P.S. I showed Amelia your post and now she's asking me when she gets another baby.....

Brandi said...

congratulations. That is so wonderful. I'm glad that labor and delivery was so easy for you, well as easy labors go LOL. I wish I didn't have to have c-sections and could go home the next day. They make me stay 3 solid days, and we almost had to stay an extra day after zachary was born. I didn't really have morning sickness with my boys, so i'm hoping thats a sign that this is a girl.

The Ryan's said...

I'm so glad we got to come see you and the Sarah at the hospital. Yeah... Kylie's birthday is only a couple weeks away. YIKES! We are having some family over the weekend before but nothing too big. I was so unprepared when you called Saturday that I didn't have your gift ready. I do now so please let me know when a good time to visit is. Hope to see you soon!