Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time flies!

Wow, I can't believe we've nearly lived in Oregon for a month already! We've been crazy busy so time has just flown by. I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog in such a long time. Let's see if I can summarize what we've done the last few weeks. We've moved in and we're pretty much settled now. There are still a few lingering boxes... but we're doing pretty good in that respect.
Dave has been working for a few weeks at the hospital and is loving it. He's anxious for the new hospital to open in August. The employees have been given a tour and orientation at the new building. They were able to take pictures. It's absolutely beautiful. It looks more like a lodge than a hospital. We are having a bit of technical difficulties and were only able to get one picture off of Dave's cell phone so far.


This is the main lobby. Isn't it amazing????? The employees and their families get to go through the hospital in July. I'm very excited! I can't wait to see it, especially the maternity ward. I'll upload more pictures of the hospital ASAP.
Andrew is doing really well. He LOVES going to the park and riding his bike. We went with a friend on a picnic to Skinner's Butte Park, and WOW! We had sooooo much fun! They have put in a new playground since I was a kid. It's awesome!


Ellie is doing great too. We are going to potty train her really soon. I just have to get our lives to slow down for a few days (like that's possible! LOL) so I can focus on that. Her hair is getting more and more curly in the back, I love it. It's getting long (long is relative, remember...) I don't have to worry about learning to braid any time soon, but at least it's growing. She loves babies more than ever now that we're going to have one soon. She's convinced she has a baby in her tummy as well. She's very motherly to littler kids, it's so cute.
Here are some more pictures of us on our picnic.


Andrew is sitting on a miniature version of Skinner's Butte. He thinks he's pretty cool to be sitting on the "mountain".


Ellie loved all the little houses in the village next to the playground.


Ellie and Andrew love their new friend, Tyler (2 yrs) and his baby brother Logan (5 1/2 months). They get along great, which is wonderful for Joylyn and I since we, too like to hang out. We've been friends for years.
Well, I know I've been tagged for the questionaire thingy (twice, actually by two different people with two fun questionaires, but I'm going to have to do that another day. My time at the computer is long since past... the kids are having a hard time settling down with the heat. Until next time, XOXOXOX We love you all! Have a great day.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'v been waiting for an updated post! But it looks like you guys have been busy, so all is forgiven! I am happy you are settling in, but we miss you! Be sure to let us know what you are having June 2!!

Jill

Jill said...

Huh! I've never been to Skinner's Butte Park--it looks so pretty! So you finally told the kids they're going to have a BABY? Well, sibling... :) How exciting!

Blair and Leslie said...

I heard that you were back in town, but it is sad that I haven't seen you yet. I guess that is what happens when we are in different wards. I am so excited that you are having another baby. Congratulations.