Thursday, March 20, 2008

A New Adventure

One of my favoroite quotes is from the movie The Persuit of Happiness. Will Smith says something to the effect of "Life is not about how many breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away." Dave and I are about to set out on several grand adventures. Or, as Dave says we are preparing to go where no Dave, Melissa, Andrew and Ellie have gone before.
Dave and I are anxiously (and not-so-patiently) awaiting the official job offer from Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon-which will be coming any day now. We are also expecting the arrival of our 3rd munchkin, or our "gummy bear" in October of this year. Needless to say, a new job 800+ miles away and the news of a new baby leaves us excited (and nervous!). It's as if our jigsaw puzzle has been tossed into the air and we are waiting for the pieces to land so we know what to expect next. Where will we live? Rent or buy? When will we move? Will our house sell fast enough? With Easter coming and my recent trip to the Temple with the Young Women, my thoughts have continually turned to the Savior. I am so grateful for our Brother, His love for us, and for His help and support and peace in all of this. I know that with His help our jigsaw puzzle pieces will land in place, just where they're meant to go.
Several of our friends have suggested that we start a blog and encourage other family and friends to follow suit so we can better keep in touch with one another. So far I've been impressed with it. And that's saying something, considering how computer illiterate I am. LOL. Well, we will post another blog soon announcing our move date, etc. as soon as we can. We love you all.

1 comment:

Sotutus said...

Melissa,
Congratulations on the baby, the upcoming move, new job and everything. It sounds like you are all doing well! You can check out our blog at sotutusinidaho.blogspot.com. It's good to keep in touch this way!