For example:
This afternoon I was sitting at the kitchen table eating Ritz crackers and Nutella with the kids (absolutely divine! If you have not tried this, you MUST!) when my wandering eyes settled upon this horse that Sarah had left on the windowsill:
My mind instantly zoomed back 20+ years to when my brothers and I were playing at Grandma's house. KC, my younger brother, then 3-ish, was playing with Grandma's ceramic horses. Before any of us could stop him, he'd snapped the legs off all of them. My Grandma, trying not to be too upset with the little boy, asked KC why he did it. KC was so embarrassed he was crying. He admitted that he did it so the horses couldn't run away.
I laughed out loud at that memory and the very next thought? I should take a picture so I can blog about that! LOL.
Sometimes at night when I lay in bed bidding sleep to come I find myself thinking about the day and how I would post about it if I could find the time. Wierd? Probably. Corny? Absolutely!
I think this condition is getting worse as of late. I have been following Nie Nie Chronicles and some other excellent blogs that are not only fun to read but motivational as well. I know that my small circle of blogging family/friends have influenced me in ways that are hard to express. And so that leaves me hoping that somehow I can help someone through this simple little blog too. I am trying to be more positive. (OK, so minus the last post where I had a tantrum about the weekend I had....) I want to record the events of our day to day lives and be honest yet uplifting. The song "Did i do any good in the world today" comes to mind.
Now that Kim is done eating I need to go help Andrew with homework. But I wanted to throw this question out there:
Does anybody else find themselves thinking in posts?



5 comments:
I don't think in posts, but I do think in scrapbook pages. Whenever I take a picture I think about how I can do the scrapbook page.
That story of KC snapping off the legs is funny. Thanks for the laugh!
I used to think in posts but now I don't even do that--I just don't have much to blog about! I like your comment about being positive but I think throwing in the other stuff once in awhile is okay too. I think it's important that we all get the chance to see that we're all "real." I once had someone tell me they thought I didn't have any problems... it was a long time ago and I've never forgotten the comment. We ALL have problems and we all struggle with things. I will try to come up with some fun things to blog about. My earthquake preparedness one isn't fun though...that's probably why I haven't done it yet! And yes, I agree with Leslie. The legs snapped off the horse is a funny memory.
I agree with Karen. There's nothing wrong with venting on your blog. It's about your life, and it helps everyone else to know you have bad days, too!!
I think in posts a lot--but they rarely make it to Bloggington! ;o) I LOVE the story about KC--adorable! And he was such a cute stinking little kid, too. Nutella and Ritz? You've had me hooked since middle school! Wade used to hate it, but about 3 years ago I all of the sudden started noticing HUGE portions of my precious Nutella going missing. Thinking I was just eating more than I realized, I started restraining myself...until I found Nutella-smeared spoons in the sink. I don't use spoons. I use a cracker, a butter knife, or more often my FINGER!!! Wade sheepishly admitted he's addicted. Which means I now have to buy one for each of us, because he'll hog it all down otherwise! ;o) Thanks for the addiction to Nutella! And now I need to go oink some down. hehe!
p.s. I love EVERYTHING you blog about, happy or not-so-happy, it's your life! And I like to hear about it if I can't ever see you in person!
I'm always thinking it posts. It bugs me!! I've been better lately though.
I tried to find that birth order book at the library but they don't have it! ugh!
I'm sorry about all your sicknesses! Hope you all are happy and healthy soon!
Post a Comment