
Turns out we have some lilacs among the many unknown bushes back there. YAY! The guys moved them and an apple tree start they found to a more appropriate spot. They also tore out 4 large, hideous, dead bushes in the front. Several other yard related projects have occupied most of our time the last week or so.
Yesterday Ellie got all dressed up and was playing with her microphone. She stood on the step that goes from the entry to the living room as if it were a stage and she entertained Sarah, Kim and I with her solo.

She is so funny about dress up clothes. She would rather wear a blanket that she has designed into a dress than the dress up clothes she has in her closet. Maybe one day she'll be a clothes designer.
When Andrew returned from the forest products dump with Dave, he joined in on the "concert." He said he was a rock star and made up his own song. I cracked up laughing because he was dancing and the whole 9 yards.

We got to have our Easter celebration at our house this year. Ben, Nana, Papa, and Jenna came over. We had a "feast" as Andrew called it and a huge egg hunt for the kids. They had a blast.
Sarah was so funny about the eggs. The kids had been playing with a few of the empty plastic eggs for the last couple of days. Sarah had gotten pretty good at finding them, so when it came time for our egg hunt on Easter, all she wanted were those plastic eggs. She wasn't the least bit interested in the hard boiled ones or even the candy that was hidden without an egg. In fact, she would PUT IT BACK! LOL. It was quite entertaining. She would pick it up, evaluate it for a second (you could see the wheels turning) and then she would say no and put it back where she found it or hand it to me or Nana. Silly girl!

Andrew and Ellie were in 7th heaven with that egg hunt. They were in a race to see who could find more candy/eggs. We even let Jenna participate and we hid some in really hard places.
I tried getting a cute picture of my fantastic 4 kids. Well... it was much more difficult than it sounds. For some strange reason, getting 4 kids ages 6 and under to all cooperate at the same time for a picture is practically impossible. I have a hard time doing it, anyway. If you have a secret, please share!
This one wasn't too bad, but not the perfect photo I had invisioned. Maybe I just need professional help with this...
Andrew and Ellie being their goofy selves on the way to bed.

Sarah, on the other hand wasn't so happy to be going upstairs.



4 comments:
Your children have such wonderful personalities! Good luck with your yard work.
It sure does look like you had a great weekend. Good luck with your yard project. I know it will look awesome when you get it all done. Your kids are growing up too fast, they are so dang cute.
I don't think you need any help with your pictures. Either you have incredibly photogenic children, or you are a great photographer. (Or both)Thanks for sharing!
Hey Melissa - I have something for you, will you email me? TiffSue383@hotmail.com
Post a Comment