All of a sudden I hear a gasp. I looked up at Andrew and his mouth was hanging open, his eyes as round as golf balls. "Did you just say a bad word, Mom?" I hear Dave start cracking up behind me in the kitchen. My face went beat red and gave a crooked-hand-caught-in-the-cookie-jar smile. "Yeah... sorry, Andrew." For the next full minute he gave me a lecture on not saying stupid-it's not nice. He asked over and over why I said it and I told him honestly that I'm frustrated with my pants. He didn't buy it. LOL
The last couple weeks have been a roller coaster. Busy, fun, but also sad.... My Grandma Piepgrass (Dad's step mom) moved down to Southerland last saturday. She has played a HUGE part of our lives and will be sorely missed! We hope we'll be able to see her often, and we'll keep in touch, but it's not the same. We love you, Grandma!

Thanksgiving was awesome. Family came down from Portland and we had a huge dinner at my Mom's house. We visited, played games and fun was had by all. Somehow I got out of there without taking a single picture.... Something must be wrong with me. LOL.
The Oregon Ducks and the Beavers played in the Civil war game and WE WON!!!! YAY! That means that the Ducks go to the Rose Bowl. We're so excited!!!! GO DUCKS!
I took the kids to the mall today to see Santa. Andrew had been begging to go for days. He hopped right up there and asked for a video game. I guess the days of a cardboard box and a matchbox car are long gone..... Sigh.

Ellie and Sarah were not so impressed. Sarah totally flipped:

And Ellie wouldn't go near him. She did, however, help Sarah go get a candycane.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Christmas Parade. It was fun, but COLD! The kids wanted to see the float with Santa on it but it was so cold that we ended up leaving early. At least we got to see him this morning at the mall!
Our house hunt continues. We put an offer on another house, a short sale. The bank, however put us in second position and so we probably won't get it. It's an adorable house on 74th st. We'll just keep on lookin! Boy, it's hard to find a nice house with instant equity!
I took a picture of the 3 kids for our chirstmas cards and I'm soooo excited about it. Dave helped me edit it on photo shop and it looks soooo cool!!!

Happy Holidays, everybody! :o)



3 comments:
Glad you had a great holiday! The picture of the kids with Santa hats is great! And GO DUCKS!!!! That was a truely great game. Love the story about the pants and bad word. One day a few years ago a friend of ours who was 5 came to me very seriously and told me that a kid called him the "s" word on the playground. I about fell out of my chair not realizing that he meant the word stupid and not the other "s" word. Kids... gotta love them! Hope you are doing well! Good luck with the whole house thing... the right one will come along! It's a frustrating process though... that's for sure!
Haha, I love the "stupid pants" story. I would love to hear that little lecture =) And the photo shopped Santa hat picture looks really good! I'm definitely impressed.
Don't you love when kids start playing mom? Devin keeps me in line too. That picture is adorable!
Post a Comment