Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's in a name?

Because I was all set on having a boy I hadn't really thought much about girls' names. Now that we've had a change of direction, we have been brain storming. Ellie's vote is Peaches (seen Ice Age 3 anyone?) Andrew likes Rachel. We would like to stick with the same classic-never-go-out-of-style names. Andrew, Elizabeth, Sarah.... Those names have been around for centuries and are still going strong. Dave and I like these:

Rachel Marie
Kimberly (unknown middle)
Rebecca Jean (Becca)

I love the name Taylor. I've always wanted a Taylor however I'm not sure if it would flow with our last name....? I also like Paige but it deffinetely doesn't flow.

Comments, suggestions, etc, are greatly appreciated. Why is it so hard to choose girls' names?????

8 comments:

Jill said...

You could try Kimberly Taylor...

Brittany and Robert Thistle said...

Names are so hard. I don't even have one yet and we have no clue what ones we like and don't like. I think you should go with Peaches. Just kidding

Karen K. said...

Anything and everything goes with your last name! Well, I'd avoid John. ;) I remember wanting to name Jeffrey "Ryan." An Irish first name with an overly German last name just sounded STUPID! Plus the "N" at the end of the first name and the beginning of the last name. (I deal with that one--my name runs together!)karener

The Ryan's said...

I hear ya! We are having troubles too! Not sure why this time is so much harder...anyway... I love the name Taylor and I think it goes great with your last name... what about Taylor Paige?

Egghead said...

I like Taylor Paige and I don't know. It seems to me that all of them go with your last name fine. But maybe I don't pay enough attention to those kinds of things. Oh and congrats!

Heather Inns said...

That's funny that two of those names are from the 9th ward young women. I like Taylor and Rachel.

Jill said...

Karen's right--ANYTHING goes with your last name! You're lucky that way :) I like Taylor the best too! Very cute!

Peter and Andrea said...

I'd vote for Rachel, for what it's worth.