Thursday, July 2, 2009

scrapbooking advice

Well, July is officially here. Dave is going to be 30 next week! I tease him about getting SOOOO OLD, but really, I know he's not. I'm rapidly approaching 30 and I don't feel much different than when I was 20. I guess age, like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Now, if it weren't for these extra 25 baby pounds..... Grrr...

In celebration of Father's Day and Dave's birthday I did a calendar page all about my man. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. He is so wonderful! I love you, Dave! Happy early birthday!


Because Dave has to work this weekend we set off a few fireworks with my Mom and sister a couple days ago. It worked out well, though, because I was then able to complete my July calendar page. I was going for simple but cute. I'm thinking it turned out TOO simple, though. Is there too much white space? I know there are several scrapbooking experts out there. What do you think?

5 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 30th to Davey!!!! And I think you did amazing on the scrapbook pages!!!! :o) Looks like you guys had a fun pre-fourth :) Give all them cute kids big fat kisses from me!

The Ryan's said...

Happy Birthday Dave. As for the pages they look great! We should get together again and do that sometime! I've been meaning to call you. We are waiting a couple more days before getting Kylie around any other kids as she was exposed to Hand, foot and mouth disease last week :( So far so good. I would love to have someone to scrapbook with though! let me know if you are interested and what works for you! I'll try to call you soon.

Bridgette said...

The scrapbook pages look great. I especially like the one with the big star. The page of Dave's old pictures really brought back some memories.

Lanette said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Your calendar and scrapbook pages look AWESOME! I think the white space is perfect. (Although, I have to use the disclaimer that I am no expert :)

Jill said...

I think the page looks great. But I am faaar from expert. I'm so bad I don't think I'm even considered a beginner......