Tuesday, April 14, 2009

To Grandmother's House We Go!

Thursday morning, bright and early, the five of us will be departing on the miserably long drive to Grandma's house!!! Yay! Our motive? A very good friend of ours, PJ Valora, is getting MARRIED!!!! Woohoo!!! We are so excited for him and his soon-to-bo bride. We were just going to send Dave to the wedding, but then thought better of it. It has been almost a year since we've seen family and friends in Idaho. Sarah hasn't met most of Dave's family, or any of our friends back there. It will be an exciting trip. A quick trip, since we'll be leaving Thursday and coming home wednesday. It will also prove to be a very LONG trip. It's a 15-16 hour drive, and Sarah doest NOT like her carseat in the least!!! However, it will be oh, so worth it. We are all very excited to see everyone. I will try and post while we're gone. If anyone has any ideas of fun preschool games in the car, please let me know. Ideas for Sarah are most welcome as well!!! :o) She's teething and is flipping out so I better go. XOXO

4 comments:

The Ryan's said...

Hey there, Good luck with the long drive. When we get moved in to the house we'll have you over sometime to play. As for the driveway... you have to know how to drive up. I scraped the first time too. I think we have it figured out... it's tricky but we couldn't pass up the price... even though we got into a small bidding war over it. Oh well... we still got it way under market value so we are walking into some equity which is nice. Oh and our interest rate is AMAZING! We are hoping to close and fund by the 30th so I'll call you soon :)

Kurt and Kristy said...

Oh Im not jealous of the car ride but jealous that you get to go!! Tell PJ hi and congrats for us! There are a lot of fun game ideas on nickjr.com. I know they have car bingo and stuff! Im sure if you looked stuff up on the internet you could find plenty to do! Do you have a portable DVD player! You cannot do without one of those!! Have a fun safe trip! Cant wait to see how it went and say hi to everyone for us!

Jill said...

Congratulations to PJ and his bride-to-be!!! And good luck to you guys on your trip--I certainly don't envy you :) B is awesome on roadtrips, he loves the car, but A? NOT SO MUCH! He can barely withstand more than half an hour! I can tell you what wade would recommend (sarcastically): nighttime cold medicine! He's evil. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great time and I'm glad you get to go see everyone!!! xoxo Jill

Heather Inns said...

How exciting, drive staff. I am so excited to see you on Friday. Love ya